World Jewish Relief Supporter Promise
We are committed to treating our supporters with the highest level of care and respect and we could not help vulnerable people without your support. Here is our promise to you:
How your money is spent:
- All your donations will be used responsibly and within the confines of our charitable objectives.
- Your gift will be used for the purpose given and to the greatest advantage of the vulnerable people that we assist.
- We are subject to an annual audit by a firm of external independent Auditors and we submit our accounts to the Charity Commission annually in line with publishing our Annual Report. Our accounts and Annual Report are in the public domain, on the Charity Commission website and our own website.
We would like to keep you informed as to how we are spending the money you kindly donate and share with you information about the context in which we work. We respect your privacy:
- We will communicate with you in accordance with your wishes.
- We respect your right to privacy. We safeguard your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act.
- We do not sell or supply data to third parties. Your data is only passed onto specific agencies outside of World Jewish Relief who are working on our behalf, for example mailing our newsletters. This is done under strict agreements regarding the security and confidentiality of all personal data.
We promise a friendly and open response when you get in touch:
- Thanking all our donors is at the heart of our supporter care. All donations are acknowledged within five working days. At times of International Disaster we acknowledge donations within ten working days due to a higher volume of donations.
- We are open to constructive feedback and would much rather you let us know your grievance, than not say anything. A senior member of the team will respond to all complaints within one working day. When we get things wrong, we’ll be upfront about our mistakes, apologise and fix them.
We care about you:
- We will not subject you to any form of undue fundraising pressure and seek to understand the circumstances of our supporters. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
We care about the people you support:
- The information we provide about the people we support is factual, although names and identities may be changed for confidentiality purposes, and we treat our programme participants with the respect and dignity they deserve.
- Our programme participants are at the heart of all that we do. Therefore we take all decisions in their best interests.
We are members of the Fundraising Standards Board and adhere to their Fundraising Promise.