This bespoke scheme offers a route to Ukrainians who want to come to the UK and have someone here willing to provide them with a home. It enables individuals to volunteer accommodation and provide a route to safety for people fleeing Ukraine.
To register your interest to be a host, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
People arriving under this scheme will be able to:
- Live and work in the UK for up to three years
- Access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education, and English language tuition
Hosts are offered £350 per month ‘thank you’ payment by the government, rising to £500 once your guest has been in the UK for over 12 months.
There is much more information on Homes for Ukraine on the government’s website.
The Homes for Ukraine Scheme is incredibly complex and we are working to match Ukrainians with host families here in the UK. We are prioritising the safety and security of hosts and refugees alike, as well as compatibility and other factors.
If you are selected as a potential match for a Ukrainian refugee, you should be aware that the matching process can take time. To make the process as safe and comfortable as possible for hosts and refugees, there are checks that need to be carried out, and this can be a lengthy process.
Sponsors should provide accommodation for as long as they are able, but there is a minimum expectation of 6 months.
World Jewish Relief are mostly looking for hosts with two or more spare beds in locations near large towns or cities with access to public transport, schools & work opportunities. This can be in your own home or a separate standalone property.
We are currently prioritising those people who are still in danger in Ukraine especially mothers with children. Ukrainian refugees who want to be matched with homes in the UK will be from within and beyond the Jewish community.
- Look at what you are offering, if appropriate we will be back in touch. Please note we may not contact with you, this does not mean we do not hugely appreciate your kindness and generosity for offering your home
- Arrange to assess you and your property to check suitability via a third party organisation
- Arrange to assess potential Ukrainian guests via a specialist social worker
- Invite you to attend a host training session
- Find the best match for your circumstances (no. of rooms, location etc)
- Bring you together for a video introduction to your potential guest with a translator
- Once your guests arrive in the UK we will assist with helping them to settle (help opening bank account/sign up for benefits/find ESOL classes/register with GP/accessing schools)
If you have any further questions about hosting, please email email@example.com