UK Refugee Programme Team Leader (STEP Ukraine)
Closing Date: 23rd October 2023
Location: Remote or Hybrid between our office in NW2 and working from home
Contract: Fixed term contract to July 2024
Following a successful Emergency campaign to support Syrian Refugees in 2015 World Jewish Relief created the Specialist Training and Employment Programme (STEP) for refugees in 2016 and today we are the largest provider of specialist employment support to refugees in the UK.
We are running a new programme to provide English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and employment support to assist up to 10,000 Ukrainians in entering or gaining higher-paid employment and we are looking to recruit a Team Leader to join our STEP Ukraine team. You will be responsible for overseeing a team of 16-25 Remote Employment Advisers who provide support to refugees in the UK, assisting them in accessing job opportunities, education, and training.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing effective leadership, guidance, and support to a team of Employment Advisers
- Monitoring and management of workflow for Employment Advisors
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to enhance the performance and professional growth of team members.
- Quality assurance of STEP Ukraine programme delivery
- Line management of Programme Assistant
- Management of the referral process for STEP Ukraine participants
- Monitoring and Reporting (programme outcomes and budget)
You should have:
- Proven experience in a supervisory or team leadership role, preferably within a refugee support or employment-related context.
- Strong understanding of the refugee context in the UK and the challenges faced in accessing jobs, education, and training.
- Demonstrable ability to motivate, develop, and manage a team, promoting a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and Jewish holidays. After 5 years’ service holiday entitlement increases to 25 days.
- Pension scheme – we contribute 5% to the World Jewish Relief pension scheme.
- Life Insurance – up to 3 times salary to nominated beneficiaries.
- Health Cash Plan – cash back to cover the costs of dental treatment, optical care, specialist consultations and a range of complementary therapies.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme – free, confidential advice or support with any personal or work. related concerns or free counselling if needed.
- Season ticket / travel to work loan.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- On Friday the office closes at 3pm.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We encourage applications from candidates of different ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and of faith or none that meet the criteria set out for this role.
You don’t need to be Jewish to work for us, but you must be committed to our faith-based values of Justice, Kindness, Repairing the World and Welcoming the Stranger. We are inspired by these values to work beyond our community, recognising the dignity and potential of all people.