Closing Date: 22nd Mar 2023
Salary: £31,099- £34,723 p.a.
Location: Hybrid role based at Bristol City Council.
Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract to 31st December 2023
World Jewish Relief created the Specialist Training and Employment Programme (STEP) for refugees in 2016 and today we are the largest provider of specialist employment support to refugees in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Support Worker working for World Jewish Relief, seconded into the Bristol City Council’s Refugee Resettlement Team.
You will be focussing on delivering World Jewish Relief’s Specialist Training and Employment Programme (STEP) for local people on the Afghan Citizen’s Resettlement Scheme. You will also work with other World Jewish Relief employment projects in the UK and hold a small caseload of resettled refugees from elsewhere in the UK. You will be part of an experienced team who achieve a 50% employment rate for clients looking for work and there are local partners and employers who help to create sustainable employment opportunities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience in successfully supporting refugees into sustainable employment
- Understanding the issues and challenges faced by unemployed people to finding work, including those who first language is not English
- Excellent communication skills
- A trauma informed and person centred approach to work.
- We particularly welcome applications from people who have additional language skills, especially Pashto, Dari and Arabic.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme and life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working (where possible)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
To apply: Submit your CV, a completed Recruitment Monitoring Form, Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and a Covering Letter which outlines what skills you have that will help you excel in this role.
As this role has contact with vulnerable groups, it is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references.