Closing Date: 22nd May 2023
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience.
Location: Hybrid working between our offices in NW2 and working from home. We encourage flexible working/working from home when and where appropriate.
Contract: Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for an Events Co-ordinator to join our energetic fundraising team. You will be able to make a meaningful and valuable contribution to our ambitious plans and vision across the whole organisation. You will work with our Head of Events to co-ordinate the successful delivery of a range of fundraising and cultivation events across the year, including our flagship Annual Dinner which raised £1.9M this year.
You will manage Challenge Events, including the London Marathon and Maccabi Fun Run, working alongside our marketing and communications team on advertising and promoting our events on social media and other channels. You will also support our fundraising team on the delivery and smooth running of a range of online cultivation and fundraising events and provide administration support across the events portfolio, including recording information on our Raiser’s Edge database.
You will need experience in planning and running small and large scale events with the ability to multi-task and work on multiple events simultaneously. You must be well organised, with excellent communication skills, a strong eye for detail and be able to prioritise a busy workload and use your initiative.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and Jewish holidays. After 5 years’ service holiday entitlement increases to 25 days.
- Pension scheme – we contribute 5% to the World Jewish Relief pension scheme.
- Life Insurance – up to 3 times salary to nominated beneficiaries.
- Health Cash Plan – cash back to cover the costs of dental treatment, optical care, specialist consultations and a range of complementary therapies.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme – free, confidential advice or support with any personal or work. related concerns or free counselling if needed.
- Season ticket / travel to work loan.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- On Friday the office closes at 3pm.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
World Jewish Relief promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We invite and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from candidates of different ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and of faith or none that meet the criteria set out for this role. You don’t need to be Jewish to work for us, but you must share our desire to assist those who need help based on their vulnerability, not their identity, recognising the dignity and potential of all people.