Closing Date: 25th September 2023
Salary: £28, 350
Location: Remote (we are looking for candidates nationwide with a particular focus on East England, East Midlands, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
Contract: Fixed Term July 2024
World Jewish Relief created the Specialist Training and Employment Programme (STEP) for refugees in 2016 and today we are the largest provider of specialist employment support to refugees in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join the STEP Ukraine team.
STEP Ukraine provides a bespoke employment programme that addresses the complex barriers that Ukrainians face when preparing for, and ultimately finding work in the UK.
You will support a case load of Ukrainian Refugee clients and prepare clients for competitive employment and help them to achieve their chosen training and employment objectives. The post holder will work to a variety of performance targets based on the progression outcomes of clients such as successful completion of training courses, voluntary and work placements and achieving and sustaining paid employment.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience in successfully supporting refugees into sustainable employment
- Understanding the issues and challenges faced by unemployed people to finding work, including those who first language is not English
- Experience of providing advice and guidance and supervising a caseload of clients
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to work remotely
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with clients with varying levels of English
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and Jewish holidays. After 5 years’ service holiday entitlement increases to 25 days.
- Pension scheme – we contribute 5% to the World Jewish Relief pension scheme.
- Life Insurance – up to 3 times salary to nominated beneficiaries.
- Health Cash Plan – cash back to cover the costs of dental treatment, optical care, specialist consultations and a range of complementary therapies.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme – free, confidential advice or support with any personal or work. related concerns or free counselling if needed.
- Season ticket / travel to work loan.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- On Friday the office closes at 3pm.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
World Jewish Relief promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We invite and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from candidates of different ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and of faith or none that meet the criteria set out for this role. You don’t need to be Jewish to work for us, but you must share our desire to assist those who need help based on their vulnerability, not their identity, recognising the dignity and potential of all people.
To apply: Submit your CV, a completed Recruitment Monitoring Form, Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and a Covering Letter which outlines what skills you have that will help you excel in this role.
Please note we may contact candidates for interview in advance of the closing date.