Berlin To London Kindertransport Bike Ride 2019
Following the overwhelming success of 2018's Berlin To London Kindertransport Bike Ride, we will officially be running this epic and meaningful challenge event again in 2019!
The ride commemorates 80 years since we, as the Central British Fund for German Jewry (CBF), helped to orchestrate the Kindertransport and brought 10,000 children to safety between December 1938 and August 1939.
The 600 mile, 6 day route emulates the journey taken by the children on the Kindertransport trains, setting off from Berlin and travelling to London, via the Hook of Holland and the overnight ferry to Harwich.
It promises to be exciting, emotional and exhilarating.
- Places are limited to 25 riders.
- The ride will take place over 6 days, from 16-21 June, 2019. Participants are expected to make thier own way to Berlin and should ensure they have arrived by Saturday 15th June, for registration and an early evening briefing.
- The cost, per person, based on twin-share accommodation, is £1550. The package includes transportation of bikes from the UK to the starting point in Berlin and most expenses for the duration of the ride such as meals, guidance and accommodation.
- Riders will be expected to book and pay for their flights and transportation to and from the start and end of the ride independently.
- The ride will be fully supported with guides, mechanic and luggage transportation.
- The fundraising goal for this trip is £1700. Proceeds will go towards World Jewish Relief.
- This ride will take place based on sufficient level of interest.
Some of the riders had a direct connection to the Kindertransport and over the 6 days we heard about how their parents or grandparents had escaped and about the life they made for themselves in the UK…What a magnificent and unforgettable experience it has been.
For any queries or to express your interest in taking part, please contact Zara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8736 1250.